Guidelines for Reviews
Length of reviews: min.: 3 pages – max.: 7 pages; best: 5 pages (=3500 words)
1) Beginning (one paragraph; one page max.)
- info about author
- short summary of book content
- locating book in current or historical debate
- main argument or standpoint
- comment on language, clarity, conciseness, etc.
- lease provide information about your book in header to your review as in:
Nature’s Metaphysics: Laws and Properties
Oxford/New York: Oxford University Press, 2007
ISBN 978-0-19-922701-3; $70.00, £29.00, € 23,99 (hardback)
2) Main (2-3 pages)
- chapter by chapter summary / critique
- main arguments of the book and critique/appraisal thereof
3) End (one paragraph; one page max.)
- summary of reviewer’s critique and praise
- does the author achieve his or her goals?
- is his/her contribution valuable for the general debate?
- recommended readers: undergrads, graduate students, researchers
- please sign your review with:
Academic Title, Name, Affiliation
Further info (bibliographies, footnotes, etc.) at: